Gift Aid FAQs

Find answers to most commonly asked Gift Aid questions.


Do I pay tax on my pension?

You will receive a P60 each year, which shows any tax deductions from your pension.

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?

You must be a UK taxpayer and have paid an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each year (6 April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.

Have I paid Capital Gains Tax?

You will have paid Capital Gains Tax, e.g. on the sale of property or shares.

How do I know if I pay Income Tax?

You pay tax if:

  • Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
  • You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
  • You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan

How long does the declaration last for?

Indefinitely. PDSA is able to claim on any qualifying donations made over the past 4 years. If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please contact PDSA supporter services on 0800 019 9155.

I'm not a UK taxpayer. Can I still Gift Aid my donation?

Unfortunately you will be unable to make a Gift Aid declaration, but if you tick the non-taxpayer box, we will be able to update our records.

What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?

Nothing. It simply ensures that PDSA can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.

© 2019 The People's Dispensary for Sick Animals
Registered charity nos. 208217 & SC037585
View Sitemap

Contact us

Send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Your Details

We will treat your personal information with respect and process it in accordance with our privacy policy.

Accept Cookies